1. To prepare and assess the nutritional value of the most consumed regional dishes in Yucatan.
2. Assess and diagnose the nutritionalstatus of children and adolescents in a community in Yucatan.
3. To identify and design intervention proposals that take into account the needs of the community, with a focus on the health-disease process.
METHODOLOGY IN THE FIELD.
Students will have the opportunity to work in:
• The laboratory of food and beverages of the Anahuac Mayab University.
• The Nutrition Care Center in the community of Conkal, Yucatán.
In the food and beverage laboratory, students will be able to prepare the most popular regional dishes consumed in the study population.
In the Nutrition Care Center in the community of Conkal, Yucatán, students will be able to assess and diagnose the nutritional status of children and adolescents.
Field activities will be coordinated by experienced lecturers, a researcher and community nutritionist. Rotation by field will be: Monday to Thursday from 8:00 to 12:00 hours.
Spanish instruction and Nutrition Lectures on topics related to the nutritional status an dietary patterns of the region will be held daily (monday to thursday) from 15:00 to 19:00 hours. Some of this topics will include tropical infectious diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, Geriatrics, Physiotherapy and rehabilitation.